Thursday, November 29, 2007

3 days left in Mendoza!


Wow, what a world wind of a week! I'm posting a picture of one of the wineries I visited on Monday. It was in the Uco Valley which is about an hour and a half away. Also in the Uco Valley is Salentein, one of the most renowned wineries in Argentina..maybe South America. We also got to see that one. I really enjoyed the winery pictured, Andeluna, because the environment was very cozy, very beautiful, and seemed less like a manufacturing plant. From the outside, it looked like it could have been a house in the suburbs. And even with it being a little cloudy, the view was still gorgeous. The rest of the week has been a blur. Wednesday we had our "graduation" from our Spanish COPA classes (the program classes). That night, we had a going away dinner and had TURKEY! It was a little dry, but it was still turkey! On top of that fun stuff, I have been packing like a mad woman. My little cracker jack box of a room has been a complete disaster area! Finally, I have it back in order, but my three suitcases are taking over. I'm packing early because today or tomorrow those of us who are going to Buenos Aires after Puerto Madryn are shipping luggage to Buenos Aires ahead of us, so we won't have to keep it in the hostel.
Monday, 10 of us are embarking on a 23 hour bus ride journey to the eastern coast of Argentina to Puerto Madryn. There we are going to visit a penguin colony (AWW!) and go whale watching! I am so excited! Hopefully, it will be warm enough to go out on the beach as well. We will arrive in Puerto Madryn on Tuesday, December 4th and leave Thursday afternoon. From Puerto Madryn, Katie Rae, Christy, Mary and I are going to Buenos Aires. We've rented an apartment (with air conditioning and wifi) for the 4 nights we'll be there. Austin will also be there 3 of the nights with her parents! It's just going to be one big party in Buenos Aires! I will hopefully get lots of pictures uploaded from our apartment after Puerto Madryn. I can't imagine how great the pictures are going to be! We are going whale watching during peak season, so we are 99% guaranteed to see a whale!!
We've had to say good-bye to some people already and it's kind of difficult..even when I wasn't really close to some of them. It's a weird feeling. I'm kind of feeling numb like I felt before I left too. It's a weird feeling because I've known ahead of time when I'm leaving, where I'm going...it's not like any of these things are new ideas that I am surprised by. Liliana hasn't really showed any emotion yet. She's said before that she will miss me. It's better for me to not really talk about it though. I'm sure we will this weekend. 13 more days!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TĂȘnis e Sapato, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tenis-e-sapato.blogspot.com. A hug.