Tuesday, November 20, 2007

3 Weeks left!

Hello everyone! Three weeks from today, I will be getting ready to go to the airport in Buenos Aires to come home! I cannot believe it's almost here! It's really gone by quickly. It's hard to believe it's Thanksgiving too! My friend Natalie really wants to cook a "thanksgiving" meal here. Turkey's are really hard to find here & are really expensive, so we are cooking chickens instead. I'm a little aprehensive about how this is going to work out...the kitchens are so small here, I don't know how we (they) are going to make everything. The oven is about the size of a microwave, so I'm not even sure if two chickens will fit in there! I'm in charge of the green salad-smart move. Everyone wants to live through the dinner. haha. I'm really going to miss cranberry sauce. I don't think I've ever even seen cranberries here. Everyone eat a lot of them for me! And I will miss the marsh mellows on top of sweet potatoes. They just won't be the same.
Friday is spa day for Christy's birthday. Her host mom has invited us over to her house that night for birthday dinner. I hope her extended family comes too so we can get the full experience. I've missed out on the big lunches/dinners that last 6 hours and have 20 people. The Lil Miester and I's meals are pretty tranquil. Saturday is the Familia Zuccarhdi party which I am really excited about! I officially finish my classes on Thursday. Our ceramics exam consists of us showing our professor our pieces. I'm really interested to see how this works because she doesn't know any of our names and doesn't have a class roster. I guess she'll ask us our name and then look at our work and give us a grade. haha. After she shows up 30 minutes late, probably. haha, I'll be sure to let you know how it goes!

Have a great rest of the week & holiday! xoxo

No comments: