Tuesday, November 13, 2007

San Rafael

hello everyone! San Rafael was a lot of fun! I will upload a picture tomorrow to show everyone. It is really gorgeous and has a different look than Mendoza does, even though they are in the same province. It was a very relaxing trip and more fun than I had anticipated. We stayed in cabins near a river. It was really nice and a good part of our group went. Yesterday marked the one month left mark! I'm so excited! A few weeks ago when all my classes were finishing and I was stressing about my papers I was really anxious to get home. Now as I'm realizing I only have about 3 1/2 weeks left in Mendoza, I'm kind of worrying I'm not going to fit in everything I'd like to do before I leave! November has gone by a lot faster than I had imagined it would. Don't get me wrong, I am still looking forward to being home on the 12th!!
Last night, we went to The Vines again and took a wine & cheese pairing class. It was really interesting and we met a lot of people. We met a couple from DC and another older couples group from New Hampshire. It was really interesting to talk to them; they were all just traveling around Mendoza and Buenos Aires. They were all extremely jealous of us, too.
Exciting news! Katie Rae's host mom here is really good friends with Mr. Zuccardi, the owner of Familia Zuccardi winery! Well, every year there is an exclusive premier tasting at their winery for only 100 guests and you have to buy tickets. Well, Fannie (her host mom) sold us 5 tickets for 35 pesos each to go next Friday! Happy Thanksgiving to us! I'm really excited! I've never been to Familia Zuccardi, but Mary, Christy & Katie Rae have and said it's really great. That's about all the exciting news I have for now. I will keep you posted. XoXo, have a great week!

No comments: